Internet Fraud - Junk Mail
Dealing with telemarketing
- Inappropriate Telemarketing Practices and Legitimate Uses of Telemarketing.
Declare Your Independence from Junk Mail
- 3 steps to end junk mail. Also offers success stories and action alerts.
EcoLogical Mail Coalition
- A free service for businesses to remove former employees from direct mail lists. Reduces frustration of dealing with junk mail and saves trees/environment.
Good Resources for Opting Out From Telemarketers and Junk Mail
- Lists descriptions of companies and services with links.
Junk Mail Stopper
- Offers advice on how to stop paper junk mail, spam and telemarketing and includes a listing of Federal laws.
Junk Mail and the Art of Hype
- Bill Mason's essay, published under the Open Content Principles License.
- A free guide to reducing unwanted or intrusive advertising.
- Information, statistics, arrests and news on phone fraud and scams.
Stop SPAM and Telemarketers
- Simple steps to help stop spam, telemarketers, and to prevent identity theft. Includes state-by-state rights and regulations.
Stop Telemarketing Calls
- Provides free caller ID software that stop telemarketer calls.
- Information on telemarketing laws and what you need to sue telemarketers and junk faxers in small claims court.
The Alliance Against Fraud in Telemarketing & Electronic Commerce
- Formed to raise public awareness about fraudulent telephone solicitations.
TravelASSIST Magazine - Beware of Telemarketing Scams
- Article giving the "good news" and "bad news" about new laws related to telemarketing.